Category Archives: Management

Reading Room Minutes – 18th October 2018

Constable Burton Reading Room Minutes

Thursday 18th October 2018 – 6pm

Present: Committee Members: Hilly, Jenni, Kylie, Gillian and Stewart

Working through items on the Agenda:

Minutes of last meeting agreed as correct.

Treasurers Report:

Jenni advised that a donation of £70 had been sent to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and that the electricity bill received had been paid.

Room Hire:

The Art Group have stopped their meetings for the Winter.

LLAF Group have hired the room for a Christmas wreath making class on Wednesday 21st November – we need to try and get more bookings in order to raise money for the Reading Room upkeep.

Future Events:

Instead of the children’s Halloween party an evening supper will be held on Saturday 27th October at 7pm £7 per head – bring your own bottle! For the children there will be a “trick or treat” walk round the doors, please meet up with Hilly at 6pm on Wednesday 31st outside the Reading Room.

Remembrance Sunday 11th November. Get together to remember those who lost their lives and raise a glass in their memory in the Reading Room on Sunday 11th at 6pm.

Festive Sunday: Sunday 9th December 1 pm to 5 pm with warm mince pies and mulled wine.

AOB:

Hilly advised that Cheryl and Kevin Blacklaw (who own a graphic design company) are willing to donate signs for our coffee/tea days – Hilly to liaise.

Beech tree on the Green. Stewart advised that the tree would not be taken down until the Springtime. Having the stump carved was discussed again, it is very expensive. Kylie to email Abby to ask if the Council would make a donation. A large branch from the conker tree at the entrance to Constable Burton Hall came down over the A684 during recent winds causing a power cut of several hours, this tree is also to be felled as it is rotten inside and dangerous.

Village lawnmower needs a service, this will be done at Winstanleys in Leyburn.

Coke for Reading Room – only one bag delivered – Hilly to chase up second bag.

Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 29th November 2018 at 6pm

Close of Meeting: 7.10pm

Reading Room Minutes – 14th June 2018

Constable Burton Reading Room Minutes

Thursday 14th June 2018 – 6.30pm

Present: Committee Members: Kylie, Hilly, Jennie and Gillian

Guest: Cathy

Apologies: Mike, Stewart and Gerry

Minutes of Village Meeting 24th April reviewed:

– Lighted sign for speeding traffic: unfortunately this is not feasible due to high cost. Hilly is to speak with Councillor Tony Duff to see if any funds could be made available.

– Top prune of cherry tree in Donald Smith Court: Richmond District Council has cut the grass in the court and an inspection of the cherry tree was made. They said that the tree was in good condition and shape and that no pruning was required – they will however keep an eye on it when maintaining the grass in the area.

– Gravel on Station Road: this has now been removed.

– Pot holes in Mill Lane: the Council have identified and circled the holes for repair, so hopefully this will happen soon.

– Drains: all have been checked and cleared.

Treasurers Report:

Jenni distributed an Income and Expenditure Account for the year ending 28th February 2018, many thanks to Jenni for this work. It was noted that there are three outstanding invoices to be paid for repairs etc totalling £278.16 which Jenni has in hand.

Jenni also confirmed that she had received a letter dated 27th April from the North Yorkshire Air Ambulance thanking us for our donation of £250.00.

A further letter was received from Barclays Bank re changes to accepting cash payments into business accounts. Gillian to contact Barclays.

Future Events:

It was decided to hold the Village Summer Fair on Sunday 19th, mainly due to key helpers not being available the following Sunday. A Steering Group Meeting for the Fair is to be held on Thursday 19th July at 6.30 to discuss.

Sunday afternoon tea to be held on 8th July 2pm – 5pm.

AOB: The repair to the shed roof still has not been done. Due to his job workload Gavin is unable to assist in the repair. It was left that Hilly would speak with John Edington (who has all the required materials for the job) and ask that he be in touch with Tim Moss direct to arrange a time convenient to both for the repair to be done.

Date of next Committee Meeting Thursday 13th September at 6.30

Summer Fair Steering Group Meeting Thursday 19th July 6.30

Meeting closed at 7.30pm

Minutes – Village meeting Constable Burton, 24th April 2018

[image francisfrith.com]

Meeting started at 6:30pm

Welcome. Village committee

Present Councillors Keith Loadman ,Councillor Hilda Dobson
Village Residents Stewart Ayers Cathy Ayers .

Apologies, Gillian Carss.

Minutes of previous meeting, Read and Approved.

Matters Arising

[Question: Jonny Handley] Could a lighted sign be put in village to give heightened awareness of speeding traffic ? to slow the traffic down,Children playing etc.

[Question: Cathy Ayers] Can the RDC please Top prune the one remaining cherry tree – In Donald Smith Court also check it has a split trunk.

Gravel removed on Station Rd

Cathy Ayers to ask Darcy Wyvill again to look at the sycamore tree branches 10/8″ long in front of number 4 Mill Lane. Fragile.

[Question: Stewart Ayers] Can the R D C put Constable Burton on the list for repairs to the High Roadway. MillLane has 20-30 holes which have been created by having been washed away during extreme weather conditions .

Yorkshire water need to be contacted to clear a blocked Drain adjacent the Smithy – It needs Blasting to allow the silt to wash away. Result of extreme weather conditions.

Thank you from the chair Keith Loadman.

Meeting closed at 7.15 pm