Constable Burton Village Meeting Minutes
Thursday 25th April 2019
Present: Councillors Keith Loadman and Hilda Dobson, Kylie Ford, Jenni Shaw, Gillian Carss, Stewart Ayres and Cathy Ayres.
Going through minutes of previous meeting:
– Road signage: this would cost £1,980 and is therefore too expensive.
– Cherry tree: the council say they don’t prune trees and that the tree in its present state is ok but they will monitor it.
– Gravel on Station Road was removed.
– Potholes in Mill Lane: there has been a partial repair with some holes missed. It is anticipated that the ones repaired will not last long.
– Drain near Smithy: this was unblocked promptly.
– Jenni raised the issue of the street light which is directly outside her property. The light is left on 24 hours is very bright and shines straight into her bedroom window. Could this light be turned off late evening? And could a grit bin, for winter weather, be installed? Possibly on the right hand side of the junction as it gets very icy here causing problems driving out onto the main road. These items will be brought up at the next Parish Meeting.
Update regarding light – a shade was installed on the light (RD6) within 3 days, which was a good result.
– Tree outside No.4 Mill Lane. Could this be checked by the Council to see if it is sound? It also looks to be top heavy. We are still also waiting to hear what is happening to the large beech tree on the green which was expected to be taken down this Spring before it came into leaf. Council to check re permission for the beech tree to be taken down as it has a preservation order.
– Post Box: Cathy Ayres had been asked by Valerie Dawson to ask for the laurel bush next to the post box to be trimmed back as she found it very difficult to reach. Josie to be asked if this could be done please.
– A seat on the green needs repairing, Stewart needs help to move the seat so he can do the repair.
Meeting closed 6.30pm