Reading Room Minutes – 20th September 2018

Constable Burton Reading Room Minutes

Thursday 20th September 2018 – 6pm

Present: Committee Members: Hilly, Jenni, Gillian and Stewart

Guest: Cathy

Apologies: Kylie and Mike

Working through items on the Agenda:

Treasurers Report:

Jenni provided a breakdown of takings for the Summer Fair, considering the turnout was quite low we still managed to raise £683.84. The donation to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance was discussed and it was agreed 10% of the takings would be donated. A six month bank account summary was also produced.

Summer Fair:

Jenni to arrange for Trevor to be paid his expenses for the Fair BBQ. It was decided that in future money should be paid upfront to an event holder purchasing food or drinks etc for Summer Fair or other events.

Tree Felling:

The Beech tree on the Green. The tree was looked at recently by Darcy and Sean and a decision made that the tree would be taken down after leaf drop with a stump left, say, 12 foot high with the intention of having it carved. This will need to be discussed fully prior to it being cut down. The Green would also need to be closed off for H&S reasons. Hilly to organise this. Another meeting needed to discuss the tree removal and stump and to see how we can raise the money needed to have it carved.

Future Events:

Halloween – children’s party will be held on Wednesday 31st at 4.00 pm. In order to cover costs there will be a charge of £2.50 per child. Would householders in the village please put a pumpkin outside if they wish to be visited please, we understand some were missed last year, sorry!

Race Night – we could possibly arrange for a Race Night to be held early next year, January or February? If anyone is interested please let us know.

Coffee Morning: Saturday 13th October 11 am to 1 pm will be a “Winter Warmer” with soup being served.

Afternoon Tea: Sunday 18th November 1 pm to 5pm

Festive Sunday: Sunday 9th December 1 pm to 5 pm with warm mince pies and mulled wine.

AOB:

The quote for the repair of the shed roof was discussed. Jenni said she could provide the felt and some other materials FOC to help keep costs down and John has the slate required so we would only incur a labour cost of £594 inc VAT. It was decided that the repair would go ahead.

Fuel – in future could we order the coke “eggs” not coal please. The U bend under sink in kitchen has a small leak which needs looking at.

Date of Next Meeting: Thursday 18th October at 6.00 pm

Close of Meeting: 7.30 pm

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.